Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kristin B Highland has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Kristin B Highland has the following 11 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Chest Infection
Dr. Kristin B Highland has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
On my first visit to Dr. Highland I had no idea what was wrong with me. She had been in touch with my family doctor because I was referred to her, but had difficulty making the appointment because I was always getting sick. When I got in to see her she was asking me questions about my condition that were issues I thought were just normal. It's because of her expert knowledge about my rare disease that I am alive today. The office staff is always courteous to me and I have never waited more than 10 minutes to get to a room and once in the room there is very little wait time until I see either the doctor or the staff member who is assisting with the testing. When I have had to call for information or have not been feeling well, her nurse is quick and courteous with the call back. She understands my personal situation and works within my means. She is very competent and caring. She will take the time to listen to me when I have health related issues.
25 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Medical University Of South Carolina
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kristin B Highland in this video.
Dr. Kristin B Highland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.