Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kristin K Lau has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Lau is hands down the best physician I have ever had (and I'm 60). She cares about her patients and takes time with them. She listens!! She takes action based on you, not the general public. And if you have a sense of humor, share with her - she has a great one, which makes visits even better. I've been a patient since shortly after they opened the practice (3 docs, 1 front office person) and have never waited more than 5 minutes to see the doctor - can't beat that.
I was lied to by one of Dr. Kristin K. Lau's employees and I called the employee out on it. An obese woman named Betty met with me and told me I had to reschedule and that she would call me later in the day. Betty called and told me Lau would no longer see me as a patient. Nice. I've been seeing her for years and one of her employees lies to me and I get blamed without even a call from Lau herself. In addition, I had a DNA test done to match medication with DNA and she's been giving me blood meds that cause me more harm that good.
I am sad to say that she is a terrible doctor. :( Her staff is rude. She is very close to my house and I tried multiple times to make it work going there out of the sake of ease. I think that I can google and come up with better info.I have never left satisfied OR feeling any better. Dr. Nelson seems very nice. If you must go to this practice I would choose her. I wish that I had something nicer to say. :(
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
17 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Kristin K Lau accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesert Ridge Family Physicians, 20940 N Tatum Blvd Ste 300, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Kristin K Lau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.