Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kristin M Kocher has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kristin M Kocher has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Kristin M Kocher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have been with Dr Kocher for 11 yrs now and she is excellent. Always open to talk about herbal remedies unlike most Dr's. She is very attentive to me and my life. She actually listens even in the chaos of a busy office. I would highly recommend her to anyone. The only drawback is she is usually booked up far in advance and if she is not available you have to see one of the other doctors in the office. I have not seen one that has been any good. They even prescribed me a antibiotic that I was allergic to. I filled it and got started on it. Dr Kocher came back from vacation and immediately got a hold of my to stop taking them! Great doctor!
At 20 weeks pregnant, Dr. Kocher told us everything would be fine, and that I could even keep working my labor intense job. She even consulted five other drs in the practice who all agreed I would carry to term and be fine. Upon trying to find an obgyn, none of them would see me because I was "extremely high risk". I delivered my baby 4 weeks later, at 24 weeks, after being put on bed rest by a dr who actually knew what she was doing. I would never recommend any dr at providence.
Dr. Kocher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Kristin M Kocher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Family Medical Gateway, 1321 NE 99th Ave Ste 200, Portland, OR
Dr. Kristin M Kocher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.