Dr. Kristin Mahan Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Kristin Mahan?

Excellent care

Posted on July 3rd, 2017

Dr. Mahan and her staff are excellent care givers - both of my children see her as needed. She is thorough, prompt and efficient - she asks questions directly to my children and answers any questions I or my children may have. We have needed referrals for specialists and her staff works quickly to get us scheduled. I have taken my children here since they were born.

good

Posted on June 30th, 2013

Horrible Experience

Posted on March 17th, 2013

I chose Dr. Mahan to do my 3rd pregnancy pre-natal care big mistake on my part. At 38 weeks and 4 days is when this woman let me down big time! But let's start with Tuesday, morning I called to get an earlier appointment because I was having some contractions and pains instead of making a trip to the ER. She was full up which was fine I was then seen by Dr. Smith, wh checked me out said I was still the same no progress, that was fine, then he sent for me to be hooked up to the fetal monitor for about 15 min to see if I was contracting or not. When I first was hooked up it just showed alot of irritability how did I know this because I asked the nurse and she told me that's what the strip was showing. Then towards the end of my time being hooked up to the machine I started showing consistent contraction mounds on the paper every 4-5 min apart. Nurse came in and said "my girl you are contracting good" she took the paper to Dr. Smith, she then said he will more than likely send you to the o.b. floor to be monitored and walk. She then comes back in and says no he says to go home and take some tylenol I guess since my cervix hadn't changed I was in false labor. Ok that was fine even though I still was contracting most of that day. Now lets move on to Wednesday, night around 10pm I started contracting like I was previous to Tuesday. I let myself contract for 2 hours before deciding what we should do thinking maybe this is false labor again. So I called the o.b floor at the hospital told the nurse what was going on she asked how progressed I was last doctor visit 3cm and 60%. She said come in and get checked especially if I have been contracting for that long and that consistent (2-3 min apart.) I get there I'm showing consistent contractions she then checks me I'm still the same 3cm and 60% nurse then let me walk to try and see if anything changed I walked for a good 40 min come back and get checked again nothing.mShe continues to monitor me while she makes her first call to Dr. Mahan, nurse comes back and says Dr. Mahan, ordered me a shot of stadol in the hip to help with the pain. I get the shot STILL in pain, 30 min later still in pain an hour later still in pain. I tell the nurse I'm still hurting that did nothing for me my contractions have now gotten sharper and harder. Nurse then checks me one more time and now ive went from 3cm to 2 cm and now my cervix have went from being high up to really really high up! She then called Dr. Mahan back and that's when she told the nurse to send me home I was in false labor!!! These were her instructions to me " take a hot bath (didn't think pregnant women were suppose to take a bath how will you know if you water breaks?) take some tylenol, and relax if my pains have gotten worse I was told to come to her office which didn't open until 9:30am. I then go to my grandmas house which is about 15 min away in extreme pain! And ask her what I needed to do because I didn't want to make Dr. Mahan mad by going back to the ER because she just sent me home. I then decided maybe I just needed to go home and try and sleep wait for he office to open. My grandma and boyfriend then told me no we we going to Evansville, to get a second opinion when I arrived at Deaconess Women's Hosptial I was 5cm and 75% effaced in REAL labor within in minutes I got an IV for my PAIN!! Then after that I was admitted to the labor and delivery floor receiving my epidural I then delivered my daughter. They could not believe I was sent home in that type of pain, not just the pain but that I was sent home while in real active labor! I'm disgusted with the nurse that took care of me at the hospital and I'm disgusted with Dr. Mahan for not coming in herself and seeing what was going on with me.

Not all that great

Posted on August 9th, 2012

Long wait, very short visit from doctor. She really just nods her head, but doesn't listen to what you are telling her. Seems to be more about clearing room and collecting fees. Another pill pusher. She's not interested in fixing the problem. Did the same for me and one of my kids. Had to go to another doctor.

Posted on October 30th, 2017