Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristine Y Zhang
Dr. Kristine Y Zhang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Olympia, WA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zhang is affiliated with Providence St Peter Hospital, Providence St Peter Hospital and Capital Medical Center. Dr. Zhang has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Kristine Y Zhang has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kristine Y Zhang has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 12
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristine Y Zhang - Posted on May 2nd, 2018
Dr. Zhang was courteous, kind, and attentive. Dr. Zhang asked appropriate and thoughtful questions and patiently and carefully listened to my answers. She clearly explained all the actions she planned for us to take and fully answered all my questions and concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Zhang.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristine Y Zhang - Posted on January 8th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristine Y Zhang - Posted on October 4th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristine Y Zhang - Posted on July 22nd, 2015
I saw Dr. Zhang for a procedure at Gastroenterology Associates' Olympia office. I have to admit, as a 22 year old male, I was dreading the procedure, but she was very courteous and professional along with her assistant. The procedure was quick and surprisingly painless, with her informing me of any findings as she found them. I really can't get over how painless it was, especially at a point when she warned me that I would have a good amount of discomfort. I still felt nothing. I would highly recommend her if you need an endoscopic procedure. If I have to have anything like that done again (hopefully not anytime soon), I'll definitely try to see her again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kristine Y Zhang - Posted on July 18th, 2012
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2017, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zhang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2002
University of Washington School of Medicine
Dr. Kristine Y Zhang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Kristine Y Zhang
This physician's office staff will be happy to assist you with scheduling an appointment. Physicians affiliated with Providence St. Peter Hospital and Providence Centralia Hospital typically accept cash, major credit cards and many health insurance plans. However, it is each patient's responsibility to confirm that their preferred form of payment or insurance will be accepted. Please verify with the physician's office staff when scheduling your appointment.
Locations & DirectionsGASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES PLLC, 500 Lilly Rd NE Ste 204, Olympia, WA
Dr. Kristine Y Zhang is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Olympia, WA.