Dr. Kristopher Bjornson Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Kristopher Bjornson?

Dr Bjornson is the reason I'm alive

Posted on June 13th, 2014

Doc.Bjornson has saved my life...he is VERY good at what he does...never let's you down and shows you different ways to conquer your problems....never met anyone like him ....thank you

Great Dr and listener

Posted on February 11th, 2014

In the past 20 years I have seen two family therapist and four psychiatrist. Due to retirements and relocations of most previous therapist, I am with Dr. Bjornson now. I experienced two psychiatrist who were just downright awful, seemed like they were doing it for the money only with no work ethics. When I first called Dr Bjornson he called me back within the hour. When we met two weeks later I could feel the concern. I needed medication and after the first meeting, I believe through the diagnosis, he knew I needed it. From the diagnosis from my two previous doctor's, I asked Dr Bjornson if he thought I needed to stay on meds, he gave me his professional diagnosis, and his thoughts. He also gave me a history of percentage of patients who went off of medication and what happened and said it was ultimately my choice. Sometimes we make wrong choices and have to work on corrections. He listens, he remembers my family and friends circle and I would definitely recommend him to others.

patient

Posted on February 6th, 2012

Dr.Bjornson is the only psychistrist left on the planet who still listens to what his patients say.

Lack of experience or is he Jaded?

Posted on February 12th, 2011

The doctor took an hour of my time then told me that he wanted me to attend AA meetings (even though I don't drink or do any other drugs). Further before he would refill the prescriptions that I had been prescribed by the Psychiatrist on the mainland (who's been treating me for 3 years) I would need to return with documents showing that I'd been to AA meetings... I don't know whether he's so obsessed with addiction that he sees it in his sleep, or if he's so inexperienced that he is afraid to make decisions. I think it's a combination of both. I strongly recommend finding another psychiatrist, as I will be, in order to get the medications I need. Thanks for wasting my time and money.

Unfair description - excellent dr.

Posted on January 18th, 2011

I just want to say that I've been seeing this doctor for about a year and It has been a very rewarding and beneficial decision to see him for help with addiction and other troubling psychiatric issues. He does have his way of doing things, but he is a reasonable person, and has always explained why certain steps were necessary, and as long as you respect his guidelines, I've seen nothing but mutual respect and genuine concern and care. Please don't be affected by some lone reviewer who probably has issues. This doctor deserves a great rating. I may not live near his practice(s), bit it's been worth the commute to see him regularly over the last year. Just wanted to make sure the truth is out there. And no, this doctor didn't pay or ask me to say any of this. I just found this site and thought I'd look up my various doctors' names, and was surprised that there was what I consider a misleading rating. Hope this helps people make the right choice. Excuse spelling errors, I'm pm a touchscreen phone and the form isn't djsplaying properly after a certain point so in typing blind, so to speak.

If you became dependent on pain meds, seek a different doctor for suboxone treatment

Posted on January 8th, 2011

I found this doctor because I frankly coulnd't get a slot with another suboxone program dr. He is obviously used to dealing with street drug abusers, and treats me like one. He is not very understanding if you can't attend enough 12 step meetings required, despite family, work, and church involvement. If you just want off the pain meds, and not someone trying to put you in the "addict" box and control your life, find someone else. I believe once he has you on the suboxone, he feels great power, and seems to enjoy using it. It's actually quite sick. Maybe all Suboxone docs are like that; I wouldn't know, he's my first, but it's really upsetting and I would have rather just gone cold turkey off pain meds. He ends up controlling years of your life. seriously.

Posted on July 2nd, 2010

After several traumatizing experiences with other psychiatrists, I am grateful that I have found Dr. Bjornson. He is always prompt when returning my phone calls, and in the four years I've been seeing him, he has kept me waiting only twice, and the wait time was a max of ten minutes. One of the most important things is that I feel respected as a person, and that I have a say in my treatment.

Posted on September 18th, 2009

He makes his own appts and by mistake he asked me to come in on a holliday. Well I did not know it so I went in, I looked all over his mililani office and even went to his north shore office. He neve answered the phone but after a few weeks his voice mail changed saying that he was on vac. When I called him back to get an appt he just told me that I missed my appt and he will never see me and that there is other doc out there, I waited and really need the help. Don't see him

Posted on December 15th, 2017