Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Krithika S Iyer has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Krithika S Iyer has the following 13 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Binge Eating Disorder
Dr. Krithika S Iyer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
When you call, you get no answer and if you leave a message, no one calls you back. I've left messages about important medication issues and no one called back for weeks. Dr. Iyer has absolutely no personality, does not smile and does not build rapport with her patients. She may even be working on something else on her computer while you are with her. The worst thing is the waiting room. There is always a minimum of 1 hour wait and there is always so many people in the waiting room that some people have to stand. HORRIBLE service!
Asks me if I would like to try a particular medicine instead of making a professional decision that I should try this to manage xyz symptoms.
Dr. Iyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSandy Pines Residential Treatment Center, 11301 SE Tequesta Ter, Jupiter, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Krithika S Iyer in this video.
Dr. Krithika S Iyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jupiter, FL.