The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Krystal Bottom
Dr. Krystal Bottom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Asheville, NC. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Bottom is affiliated with Asheville Specialty Hospital, Mission Children`s Clinic and Mission Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. She speaks English.
Dr. Krystal Bottom has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Wilms Tumor
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Bottom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Asheville Specialty Hospital
Mission Children`s Clinic
Mission Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Asheville Specialty Hospital
Mission Children's Clinic
Mission Hospitals - St Joseph Campus
27 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
All Childrens Hospital
Dr. Krystal Bottom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMission Childrens Specialists, 11 Vanderbilt Park Dr, Asheville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Krystal Bottom in this video.
Dr. Krystal Bottom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.