Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Krzysztof J Wikiel has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Krzysztof J Wikiel has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Krzysztof J Wikiel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 2
I have not yet been to his office yet, he treated me as an emergency room patient. Dr. Wikiel could not have been nicer or more sympathetic. I asked him if at all possible if we could postpone bowel obstruction surgery, and he said no, that it really was a life or death decision. I started to cry and asked him if there was some way to get to my Mom's funeral, which was scheduled 3 days after the ER visit. He said laproscopically the procedure only had about a 50% success rate without doing a completely open procedure, and with my history of abdominal surgeries the odds for me would be significantly lower than that, but if it worked, I could be out in two days. I am so glad to have had him as a surgeon. He took the extra time to do the surgery with the laproscope, where many docs would have said they would try it with no intention of actually following through. I am home, and my Mom's surgery is tomorrow afternoon. Thank you so much, Dr. Wikiel!
Dr. Krzysztof J Wikiel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Krzysztof J Wikiel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.