Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kul B Gupta has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 36
Thank you "Dr." Gupta! My extremely unstable, bi-polar husband needs inpatient care due to uncontrolled mania. I cannot get him into an inpatient facility, however, because of the risk of you becoming his doctor. My husbands fear of being trapped in a hospital with you overseeing his care is strong enough he is willing to risk continuing on in the condition he is in. With all due respect, sir, you need to resign, because your effectiveness as a doctor is hindered by your terrible bed side manner, condescending attitude, and lack of any concern or empathy for your patients. I have zero confidence in your competency. And as someone who has to live with the consequences of your behavior and watch their loved one struggle because of your actions, I beseech you to resign.
I asked this doctor if I should get a second opinion, and Gupta seemed annoyed! I was disgusted by his attitude! I see so many awesome psychiatrists who treat us as more than patients and even those suffering from addiction. They know what is best for us, Dr. Gupta seemed even perhaps irritated just because I wanted another doctor to give me another perspective, he did seem perhaps rushed, or perhaps not. But still, I will be taking my care needs elsewhere! I want another opinion even almost three years on!
This is the worst doctor ever he should never be aloud to work with anyone that has a addiction issue as he has no compassion, understanding of human experiences. I don't know why anyone would work with him or refer him. I have never encountered someone worse as a professional and a patient that needed him four years ago this man is the worst ever! He has no idea the damage he causes by his lack of humane treatment. I have never forgot what he has done and someday this man will look back and have to look at himself. What a shame to the profession of addiction and mental health. It is typical of him to say "they are seeking drugs" without understanding the patient at all or caring to know what they face. Shame on you Dr. Gupta. You are not a good person.
This is an incompetent physician who ignores patients and is abusive to patients and medical staff. He reflects the worst in psychiatry. His dismissive attitude extends not only to patients but to the physicians who attempt to discuss their patient's treatment. He is a detriment to the practice of medicine and presents a risk to patients that he "treats". The post that said he should surrender his license should be taken seriously by the institutions that utilize him. Rating: NEGATIVE 5 stars
Dr. Gupta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Clinton Valley Center
Dr. Kul B Gupta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKul B Gupta Md, 4447 Talmadge Rd Ste C, Toledo, OH
Dr. Kul B Gupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.