Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kumaraswamy Sivakumar
Dr. Kumaraswamy Sivakumar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Neurophysiology, Neuromuscular Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Sivakumar is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare Shea. He speaks English.
Dr. Kumaraswamy Sivakumar has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Neuromuscular Medicine
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Don't go to this doctor!!!!! I have myasthenia gravis and he put me on 8 00 mg of mestinon 3 times a day which of course gave me severe diarrhea which we could not control so he took me off cold turkey and I went into a cholinergic crisis and was flown out to Barrows and almost died. I spent 2 weeks in a coma as all my organs began to shut down. Barrows gave up on me and a C DC doctor was called in. I was incubated the whole time and my wife was there all the time. The CDC doc was the one who got me through to get off the respirator. I spent another 2 weeks in the main hospital and the another 2 weeks in rehab learning how to swallow and walk again. The CDC doctor told me never let someone give me that much mestinon AGAIN AND SHE WAS SERIOUS!! I still have health issues from that and recently had to have my gall bladder removed due to the toxins from the high doses of mestinon. He should not ever prescribe that high a dose to anyone!
Would not recommend this doctor. He doesn't listen, and jumps to conclusions. He didn't read my records correctly and I had to constantly correct him. I'm just trying to find out why I have the pain and problems that I have been having and he acted like I was wasting his time!!!!!
Dr. Sivakumar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Peradeniya
Graduated in 1986
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Kumaraswamy Sivakumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKumaraswamy Sivakumar Md, 4545 E Shea Blvd, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kumaraswamy Sivakumar in this video.
Dr. Kumaraswamy Sivakumar is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.