The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kumash R Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Kumash R Patel has the following 1 expertise
- Critical Care
Showing 5 of 5
Amazing Surgeon! He saved my life and I will forever be grateful to him. I'm a nurse in town and was in a horrible car accident. I could not have been happier with the care Dr. Patel provided. The person that wrote the 1st review on Dr. Patel is a moron. Any educated person knows medical school is "school" not training. So what if it's in the Caribbean!! He trained in Detroit (clearly he is trauma trained since Detroit is known as the gun and knife club)! The patient above was probably some drug seeking lunatic!
I wish I could've looked at training prior...but it was trauma, so had no coice. Caribbean School - just a joke. But, I guess his surgical skills, judgment, and skill are evident from this. Poor results. He's left me mangled, for which further litigations are forthcoming. Beware and stay away. Stay very far away. Enough said...
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
St John Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Kumash R Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kumash R Patel in this video.
Dr. Kumash R Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.