Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. C K Alexander has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pregnancy Complications
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 28
I had a horrible experience with Dr. Alexander. I am a young woman and when diagnosed with type one diabetes was told he was the expert in my area. Although he knew how to use an insulin pump, he did little more than show me pamphlets for knew products when I had a problem or question. He was rude to me and my mother, who often came with me to my appointments. The staff at his office are friendly and helpful, but he is not. He gives off an air of being rude and conceited, not really caring about your questions or concerns. Being knew to diabetes, I had many questions while trying to sort out the new painful process. To my dismay, I found him to be gruff, in a rush, and unwilling to take time to explain things to me. Needless to say, I value bedside manner in a doctor. His is horrible. After two years I got so fed up that I found a new doctor. I now drive to Indianapolis to an endocrinologist who is patient, kind, informative, AND an expert on insulin pump therapy. It is worth the trip for me. Getting away from Dr. Alexander really changed my outlook on diabetes for the better. I don't recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Bell Memorial Hospital
Dr. C K Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIu Health Ball Memorial Physicians, 1420 S Pilgrim Blvd, Yorktown, IN
Dr. C K Alexander is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Yorktown, IN.