Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim DO
Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Kennebunk, ME. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ebrahim is affiliated with Maine Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim - Posted on November 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim - Posted on April 30th, 2014
MY STEP FATHER HAD DR EBRAHIM FOR HIS CANCER. MY MOTHER WENT TO DR. EBRAHIM FOR HER CANCER AND NOW I'M GOING TO HIM FOR MY CANCER. THIS IS THE MOST CARING AND UNDERSTANDING PHYSICIAN I'VE EVER MET. WHEN MY PARENTS WERE VERY SICK AND COULDN'T GO TO AN APPOINTMENT, DR. EBRAHIM CAME TO THEIR HOUSE. WEEKLY. I AM SO APPRECATIVE OF THIS . I'VE NEVER TOLD HIM HOW MUCH HE MEANS TO ME. I HOPE HE KNOWS. HOPE WHEN THE END COMES FOR ME, HE DOES THE SAME THING. I KNOW I DON'T HAVE TO WONDER, I JUST KNOW HE'LL BE THERE. THERE ISN'T ANY OTHER DR. I WOULD EVER KNOW THAT I TRUST AS MUCH AS I DO HIM.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim - Posted on February 3rd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim - Posted on January 3rd, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ebrahim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim
Maine Board of Osteopathic Examiners, American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine
Locations & DirectionsNEW ENGLAND CANCER SPECIALISTS, 2 Independence Dr, Kennebunk, ME
Dr. Kurt S Ebrahim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kennebunk, ME.