Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kurt Finberg
Dr. Kurt Finberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bakersfield, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Finberg is affiliated with Adventist Health/San Joaquin Community Hospital, Bakersfield Memorial Hospital and Mercy Hospitals of Bakersfield. He speaks English.
Dr. Kurt Finberg has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Seriously watch out and keep receipts. Know what your insurance has already covered or will cover. His daughter the receptionist will try repeatedly to collect money that has already been paid or covered even asking for cash only. NEVER PAY CASH. He has terrible bedside manner and even gave me a dry PaP smear to save time. Ouch!
Dr. Finberg is uncompromising. This was difficult for me because I am a control freak, but I sincerely believe that I owe him mine and my daughters health! He took exceptional care of us both. I never felt like I was on a "team" with him throughout my pregnancy. However, in hindsight, some of the choices I would have made would have compromised my child's well-being. While his bedside manner leaves quite a bit to be desired his level of competence, friendly staff, and short wait times made me feel like a priority.
Dr. Finberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Adventist Health/San Joaquin Community Hospital
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Mercy Hospitals of Bakersfield
Bakersfield Mem Hosp, Bakersfield, Ca
41 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Kern Medical Center
Dr. Kurt Finberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKurt R Finberg MD Inc, 2200 18th St, Bakersfield, CA
Dr. Kurt Finberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.