Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kurt Konieczny
Dr. Kurt Konieczny, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amsterdam, NY. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Konieczny is affiliated with St Mary's Hospital Amsterdam, Rehabilicare at Amsterdam Mem Hosp and ST Mary`s Amsterdam. Dr. Konieczny has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kurt Konieczny has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Konieczny is one of those doctors who seems to come from the olden days of house calls and knowing how to treat any possible illness without needing 5 specialists. He has simply amazed us many, many times with both of our kids by quickly finding out what was wrong. I have no doubt that he saved our baby boy's life by sensing that something was just not right and ordering the bloodwork which diagnosed his leukemia. (The biopsy later indicated that the cancer had presented itself just a couple of weeks earlier, and that the early detection was one of the keys to getting it into remission quickly.). Dr. Konieczny even rode in the ambulance with our son when he was transferred to the pediatric ICU, the staff at Children's Hospital was blown away by this act. He and his staff are like family to us.
Dr. Konieczny became very upset with me when I asked about complications arising from many vaccinations given at once. On another visit he recommended Benedryl for my baby's severe allergic reaction to penicillin. By the time we got home my baby stopped breathing- fortunately the ambulance arrived in time with an Epipen to save his life.
An excellent doctor who goes above and beyond. He is extremely knowledgable, respectful, caring and funny. When my son was sick at 11 pm the night before a major holiday, Dr. Konieczny invited us into his home while his out-of-town relatives were visiting, so he could examine my son. He seems to be truly invested in his patients. My children LOVE him.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Konieczny is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary's Hospital Amsterdam
Rehabilicare at Amsterdam Mem Hosp
ST Mary`s Amsterdam
St Marys Hospital - Memorial Campus
St Mary's Healthcare
St. Mary`s Hospital
39 Years Experience
Saint Louis University
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions373 Division St, Amsterdam, NY
Dr. Kurt Konieczny is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amsterdam, NY.