Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kurt R Oelke has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Oelke has taken considerable about of time discussion my JRA at each of my visits. I have had JRA for over 45 years and he is the only one to explain to me that there are different types of JRA. We continue to work on finding effective drugs. I am impressed with his willingness to research new medications that might work for me. I have had 4 different Rhuematologists in 45 years. Dr. Oelke is the most dedicated and caring of them all.
He is a terrible doctor! Wanted me to wait 6 months for a 2nd appointment, and then was irritated when I called to get results of the blood test and x-rays which were useless because only an MRI will show soft tissue damage and arthritis! It took 3 calls before he even got back to me with only the message of there was no sign of RA. No other results; no help for all the pain I have. Then he prescribed 3 doses per day of 600 mg. of ibuprofen when I already have stomach issues. I wish I would of read this before wasting the money seeing him. My overall rating is 0; not even 1 star but that wasn't an option here.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Oelke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1997
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Kurt R Oelke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRheumatic Disease Center, 7080 N Port Washington Rd, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kurt R Oelke in this video.
Dr. Kurt R Oelke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.