Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kurt A Slye MD
Dr. Kurt A Slye, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Taunton, MA, with another office in West Bridgewater, MA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Kurt A Slye has 2 locations
Dr. Kurt A Slye has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kurt A Slye has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt A Slye - Posted on January 7th, 2019
no attention to detail - missed cancer
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt A Slye - Posted on May 7th, 2015
He missed a cancerous polyp 3 years ago. Told me my colonoscopy went fine, no issues, come back in 5 years. 3 years later I had abdominal pain and they found a massive tumor in my colon that by then had spread to my liver. I am dying of stage IV colon cancer now and 3 different Boston oncologists have all said my cancer was "most likely" missed my whoever did my colonoscopies. Thank you Dr. Slye. Not a lot of options in the area but if you can, go to another facility that pays attention and doesn't just rush one patient in and out after another. They only care about the money, not patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt A Slye - Posted on March 8th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt A Slye - Posted on January 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kurt A Slye - Posted on May 17th, 2012
26 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Kurt A Slye Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kurt A Slye, MD - Gastroenterology in Taunton, MA, in this video.
Dr. Kurt A Slye is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Taunton, MA.