Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kurt Warkenthien has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 13
My husband saw him for a family Doctor. I was alarmed he told my husband to stop his diabetes meds and change his diet. I've tried telling him this for the last eight years. I really appreciate all of the time he took talking to me on the phone after his appointment. He should be in his own private practice. This Dr. Takes time out for his patients. Very unprofessional on Summitt Family Practice to send out a form letter. Summit also charges $25.00 to fill out FLMA paperwork. This is ridiculous and completely illegal as far as I'm concerned. The DR. Dates the form and signs it! So Dr. Warkenthien is a good Dr. For the short time my husband saw him.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Resurrection Medical Center
Dr. Kurt Warkenthien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kurt Warkenthien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Puyallup, WA.