Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kwame O Akosah has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kwame O Akosah has the following 18 expertise
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Catheterization
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Failure
Dr. Kwame O Akosah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
33 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Virginia Cardiology, 541 Sunset Ln Ste 1108, Culpeper, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kwame O Akosah in this video.
Dr. Kwame O Akosah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Culpeper, VA.