Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kyla L Lokitz has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 17
Waiting to see Dr Lokitz may take a while, but she is worth the wait. She was the first DR to order tests that other Dr's had overlooked. She has helped me have faith after loosing trust and hope in other specialist. I highly recomend her and cant say enough good things about her and how she looks at her patients as a whole.
I have had 6 different Rheumatologists over the past 12 years in 4 different states.. Some care and some don't. She is definitely one who cares and listens to you and that I trust to care of me and my medical needs. I have not had any problems with the staff. They have returned my calls and been polite and nice when I'm in the office or on the phone.
I was referred to Dr. Lokitz four years ago upon diagnosis. I found her to be a very nice lady, interested and caring. Not knowing a thing about my illness I had no idea if she was handling it properly or not. I stayed with it until we hit a plateau and stalled out. She kept repeating the same procedure even tho it had not worked before. On the 4th attempt I got a second opinion. The new doctor took on the same procedure so after several months I have returned to Dr. Lokitz. Things are running more smoothly in the office. I'm not sure Dr. Lokitz is the doctor for my issues but she and her staff show a good response when I need them, that's worth a lot. Follow up was much more prompt this last visit which was my first one back to her office. Also time spent in the waiting room has greatly diminished this last visit, it was getting to be an hour or an hour and a half in the past----too long.
I would never visit this office again. Dr. Lokitz was very patient and seemed very attentive but her office staff is horrible. They were very rude and made me feel very degraded because I asked to pay my co-pay at a later date. Had to speak to someone in billing and it was worse than talking to the ladies at the window. Will never recommend this office to anyone else. Someone should really re-train her office & billing staff in customer service.
14 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Kyla L Lokitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kyla L Lokitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.