Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kyoo S Ro has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
Dr. Kyoo S Ro has the following 13 expertise
- Brain Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Disorders
- Brain Surgery
- Spinal Fractures
Dr. Kyoo S Ro has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kyoo S Ro is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I was referred to Dr. Ro by my primary care physician. Dr. Ro was thorough and honest in his assessment of my condition and wisely referred me to another surgeon who had expertise in my particular situation. Dr. Ro's office staff were some of the best I have ever encountered. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Dr. Ro. He is honest and takes time with you, and the people who work for him are second to none.
Dr. Ro provided me with the worst doctor experience I have ever had in my life, if not the most unpleasant experience with a person I've ever had in general. After spending an hour sitting in the examination room by myself, he spent about three minutes with me going over my MRI results. Aside from completely ignoring my prior doctor's diagnosis, he claimed there was nothing wrong with me other than "bad posture". Despite the fact I had already been diagnosed with a serious brain condition, he adamantly denied I had the condition whatsoever, and referred to my other doctors as 'dramatic'. He refused to answer any of my questions, like for exampe, "If there's nothing wrong with me other than bad posture, why am I having major neurological symptons such as my limbs going numb, losing my vision, and blinding/crippling headaches?"--his only response was "Case closed! I don't have time for this, I have other patients to see." followed by walking out of the room and leaving me there with my jaw on the floor. A 2nd opinion with another surgeon after my visit with Dr. Ro confirmed that I did in fact have a brain condition called chiari malformation, and I needed treatment immediately. Dr. Ro is the clearest case of a greedy and immoral doctor that's in the pocket of an H.M.O. that you will ever see. Don't even waste your time stepping foot in his office--he's not only a bad doctor, he's a rude and ignorant person. Not to mention his office is ancient and dated with poorly skilled and rude staff as well.
Dr. Ro performed three back surgeries on me in 1981 due to accident related injury, and again in 1989 and 1990 as a result of a fall. I can say without hesitation that Dr. Ro is an excellent surgeon, is very compassionate and I am forever indebted to him. I am grateful for tweny two years of pain free living. His office staff have always been efficient and professional. Dr. Ro is the first doctor that I'd call if I ever need advice re a back problem.
Excellent surgeon and diagnostician. No sutures or staples, long 10 " insision made for severe spinal stenosis. Healed perfectly with no comlications or infection. Surgery lasted 5.5 hrs and it was meticulous. Had nosignificant pain and was walking on my vacation in Europein 3.5 weeks. Prior to this I was slumping, unable to walk for more than a few yards without stopping and was limping. I was going to need a walker. I am an older gentleman yet recovery was not difficult. My wife is very pleased since we can now hike together and go the things we love.
Surgeon just like all others scared to spend insurances money. Did half way surgery but ignored the rest. Office is awfull with 100 years old billing lady and VERY NASTY ATTITUDE Carmen she works at the front desk . I am really upset with that office and neurosurgeon.Had to switch the doctors because staff is very slow and the neurosurgeon himself does not really deal with patients that he already performed surgery being so convinsed all world faking it. But indeed patient was crying of pain the whole night!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
52 Years Experience
Seoul National University
Graduated in 1966
New England Medical Center
Dr. Kyoo S Ro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKyoo S Ro Md Inc, 435 Arden Ave Ste 380, Glendale, CA
Dr. Kyoo S Ro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.