Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kyriakos A Kirou has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Lupus Nephritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Kirou is everything I wanted in a doctor: smart, thorough, thoughtful, and kind. He spent all the time I needed, never made me feel rushed, and answered all my questions. HIs staff was equally excellent. His secretary and nurse were equally smart and kind. I am so happy and relieved to have found him.I have a difficult-to-diagnose form of arthritis and have been to several doctors already who did not have a clue. Dr. Kirou figured out my illness and now I am relieved to have a plan of treatment and a brilliant, caring doctor to guide me on it. THANK YOU DR. KIROU.
dr. kirou always spends a lot of time with me, listens well, and seems to consider all of my symptoms. he never seems to be in a rush and does a thorough physical exam each time i see him. i really feel like he cares about me. he doesn't rush to overmedicate me, but he also doesn't consider alternative or holistic treatments at all (which i find a little disappointing). on the negative side, his office staff is very hard to work with, though. it's hard to get through to the receptionist, and in the office they are very brusque. the wait time can also be terrible.
30 Years Experience
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki
Graduated in 1988
New York Hospital
Dr. Kyriakos A Kirou accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHospital for Special Surgery, 535 E 70th St, New York, NY
Dr. Kyriakos A Kirou is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.