Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kyung S Yoo
Dr. Kyung S Yoo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Hills, CA. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Yoo is affiliated with Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center and Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. Dr. Yoo has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kyung S Yoo has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Yoo refuses to speak with patients on the phone. He refuses to speak with patient's and previous Primary Care Physicians. Dr. Yoo refuses to speak with medical device distributors to ensure of a speedy refill for life saving medical equipment. He is uninformed of today's medical processes for care of certain diseases. He does not choose to inform himself on a patient's medical history, to ensure proper care is given. Example: I explained I needed a refill of insulin for my insulin pump. Dr. Yoo told me I didn't need insulin, if I am on an insulin pump. Wow! I have never heard anything like that in my life. Medical professionals and non know that an insulin device requires refills of insulin. Dr. Yoo, also refused to sign a certificate of medical necessity and told me that I should be off of this life saving device, which I had been using for 11 yrs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to prove to him I actually need it. Shocked that this man is a licensed doctor. Just shocked! Dr. Yoo's staff told me to just pay out of pocket for the pricey medical device, instead of having Dr. Yoo, sign the certificate of medical necessity. Dr. Yoo's staff also told me to have my previous primary care physician complete and sign the medical necessity form for Dr. Yoo, and they told me my insurance would accept that. Anyone, knows that is not an option. This medical device that I needed Dr. Yoo's assistance to refill is as imperative as an oxygen tank is for those requiring assistance to breathe. Do not go to Dr. Yoo, if you need any type of medical help. You will not receive it!
This Dr. Yoo has the worst temper and bedside manners that I've ever encountered. He doesn't know how to interpret diagnostic lab results and can't explain it to the patient. When questioned what they mean, he gets easily angered and tells you that if you don't trust him to go find another doctor. Very rude and disrespectful on all levels. I can't believe he even has patients. These positive reviews of this guy must be fake.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2010, 2016, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Yoo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. Kyung S Yoo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Practice & Urgent Care, 15446 Parthenia St, North Hills, CA
Dr. Kyung S Yoo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Hills, CA.