Dr. Ladan Farhoomand Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ladan Farhoomand?

Posted on January 1st, 2014

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, I had the opportunity to choose among several surgeons & knew that I wanted my care at Scripps Encinitas, having previously worked there as a nurse. But, as anyone who's had surgery knows, you don't usually get to choose your anesthesiologist or meet them in advance. That's why I felt so lucky to have Dr. Farhoomand assigned to my care on the day of my mastectomy. As soon as she came in to see me on the morning of surgery, she put me right at ease with her calm & caring demeanor. She was reassuring as she thoroughly explained the anesthesia plan & answered all my questions. As they rolled me into the O.R., she held my hand. As she was getting ready to give me the anesthesia, she gently talked to me. I remember waking up in the recovery room a few hours later without any nausea and very little pain. My PACU nurse, Robin, told me this is how all of Dr. Farhoomand's patients wake up. That's why I requested her as my anesthesiologist when I had to come back for some reconstructive surgery a few months later. Once again, it made having to undergo surgery a much less stressful & scary experience by having someone so capable and compassionate looking after me!

Doing the Impossible

Posted on June 23rd, 2009

I recently had surgery at the Encinitas Surgery Center (6/26/09) and was fortunate enough to have Dr. Ladan Farhoomand as my anesthesiologist. Dr. Farhoomand called me several days prior to my surgery and went over the surgery procedure and all she would be doing to help me with my extreme reaction to anesthesia and pain medication. Her calm manner and knowledge really comforted me and put me at ease, knowing I would be in good hands. I have had four surgeries prior to this one and after each surgery I have extreme nausea and vomiting that none of the prior anesthesiologist could control. Dr. Farhoomand was able to do the impossible and I woke from my surgery without going through convulsions and was even able to take my pain medication at home with out any nausea as well. I cant thank her enough and if I ever need another surgery I will be asking my surgeon to request her assistance.

Posted on March 20th, 2015