Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ladonna R Koziol has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 36
First appointment was an hour late, office staff seems to all be family and are rude. They socialize in front of patients and use vulgar language. The doctor was rude and defensive when asked any questions, had zero compassion, very bad bed side manner. One answer I was given was my condition was not worth treating, then she corrected herself stating to take over the counter supplements and recheck in a few years. She seemed more interested in trying to find ways to judge me than to help me.
I went to numerous Dr in my journey. I was diagnosed with Lupus by Dupage Medical Rheumatologist, then when my original Dr. there was off,I ended up seeing his fill in Dr. whom was very rude and questioned my Diagnosis. This set me on a journey which led me to her office. She spends time to listen to you, your concerns and has always given me a sense of ease. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a knowledgeable Rheumatologist who spends more than 15 minutes with you.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Ladonna R Koziol accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNorth Suburban Rheumatology, 1215 S Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ladonna R Koziol in this video.
Dr. Ladonna R Koziol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington Heights, IL.