Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laila I Kassees has the following 1 specialty
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Laila I Kassees has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Laila I Kassees has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Laila I Kassees is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 11
Took my toddler daughter in due to an illness, but while we were there I mentioned that she had fallen earlier that week and hit her mouth. Her upper front tooth was turning black due to the impact of the fall causing an interruption to the blood supply. Dr. Kassees listened calmly, looked, and quietly reached into her mouth with one finger, manipulating the tooth off the blood vessel. The color improved almost immediately. I've never seen anything like it.
Many times I would not even sit down in the waiting room when I brought my baby in for an appointment with Dr Kassees. She was extremely caring and concerned about my children, most always going beyond the norm for their care and follow-up. Dr Kassees cancelled an out-of-the-country trip to be here for the birth of my second daughter, who was expected to have multiple birth defects. At one point, she had my home phone number memorized from checking on my daughter so frequently. She followed my daughters from birth through adult age. As adults now, they both would still see Dr Kassees if possible. We have a very high regard and respect for Dr Laila Kassess - and we always will.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Laila I Kassees accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMemphis Childrens Clinic, 6385 Stage Rd Ste 2, Memphis, TN
Dr. Laila I Kassees is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.