Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman
Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Longview, WA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Pathology and Cytopathology. Dr. Naqib-Osman is affiliated with Providence Centralia Hospital, Cottage Grove Hospital and Peace Harbor Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman has the following 3 expertise
- Blood Testing
- Fluid Testing
- Tissue Biopsy
Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Naqib-Osman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Centralia Hospital
Cottage Grove Hospital
Peace Harbor Hospital
St John's Medical Center
PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center 10/30/2003 Active Current Pathology
Out of State Hospital
29 Years Experience
Graduated in 1985
Berkshire Medical Center
Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLOWER COLUMBIA PATHOLOGISTS PS, 720 14th Ave, Longview, WA
Dr. Laila Naqib-Osman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longview, WA.