Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lakshma R Tiyyagura has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lakshma R Tiyyagura has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 18
I've been seeing the doctor for over two years and my ulcerative colitis symptoms have only gotten worse. He spent less than 5 minutes with me on most visits and provided very little information about my conditions. I continued to bleed for two years until to a point that I became extremely weak and pale. Last month, I went to see him and asked him to check my blood level. He sent me off with a lab that took eight tubes of precious blood and I never heard from him again about the results. Two weeks passed, after constantly feeling lightheaded, I checked in at an urgent care facility and told the doctor there about my concern with my UC bleeding. He checked my blood and immediately sent me to the ER because my hemoglobin was at 8.2! Got two packs of blood infused and felt almost like new again. Called Dr. Tiyyagura's office and told the receptionist that the ER doctor told me that I needed to be seen asap, and amazingly I was able to get an appointment in two days! Told dr. Tiyyagura what happened and how I had requested him to check my blood level. He was like,"I never got your lab results...oh, here it is." Was he serious?!! I needed help and that was why I went to him. I could have bled to death if I trusted and waited on him. Terrible specialist, wish there was another GI doctor that I can switch to. Not recommended.
THIS IS A HELLA COOL DOCTOR AND VERY RESPECTFUL .
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Lakshma about 3 months ago. The first sign that the services were wrong was the difficulty of getting an appointment. The secretary was so rude and uncaring that it was unbelievable. Second, Doctor Lakshma was so stubborn and unmindful. I asked to view my test results but he refused to even show them to me saying "Trust me, I am a doctor.' Never, never, have him be your doctor!
- Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Lakshma R Tiyyagura accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLakshma Reddy Tiyyagura Md, 420 W Acacia St Ste 18, Stockton, CA
Dr. Lakshma R Tiyyagura is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stockton, CA.