Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi
Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Troy, MI. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Palakurthi is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Oakwood Campus, Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. Dr. Palakurthi has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi - Posted on October 5th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi - Posted on June 2nd, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi - Posted on February 9th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi - Posted on February 8th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Palakurthi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University
Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLAKSHMI CHARUSEELA PALAKURTHI MD, 1777 Axtell Dr Ste 109, Troy, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi, MD - Internal Medicine in Troy, MI, in this video.
Dr. Lakshmi C Palakurthi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Troy, MI.