Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lalitha E Jacob has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 24
Very rude and unprofessional. Treated me as though I were not in the room, spoke through the tech. Gave me no privacy when examining me. I had called and asked if there was anything I needed to bring with me and was told no. Then the Dr. started to question my blood work numbers and was annoyed because I did not have them. I told her if I was told to bring them I would have. Would NEVER recommend this Dr.
Dr. Jacob is a very nice woman. However, she is a little strange. I think she would be a good doctor to someone who has an illness or issue that she is familiar with or someone that has an "easy case" to figure out. She really wasn't sure what to tell me even after I gave her all of my symptoms. Also, her office really needs to be updated and she needs to hire a more professional staff.
I went through (4) Neurologists before finally being referred to Dr. Jacob. I was misdiagnosed for most of my life and with one visit she changed my life. I am so grateful to Dr. Jacob and Lisa (front office) for always getting me in when I need an appointment, for making me smile no matter how bad I'm feeling, for providing me with a comfortable experience. It's hard to find a doctor you can trust, especially when you have heard for years that "it's all in your head". She listened to my symptoms and cared enough to take the time to work through each of my Neurological and Nerve issues one at a time. She has worked with me to reduce my medications to get me on the right combination. I wouldn't be able to function without her.
Medical Center La University Hospital
Dr. Lalitha E Jacob accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLalitha Jacob Md Inc, 6229 66th St N, Pinellas Park, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lalitha E Jacob in this video.
Dr. Lalitha E Jacob is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pinellas Park, FL.