Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lalitha Sivaswamy
Dr. Lalitha Sivaswamy, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with other offices in Southfield, MI and West Bloomfield, MI (and 4 other locations). She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Sivaswamy is affiliated with CHILDRENS HOSPITAL OF MICHIGAN, Bi-County Comm Hosp, Warren, Mi and Beaumont Affiliation & Years on StaffRoyal Oak. She speaks English.
Dr. Lalitha Sivaswamy has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
She is horrible with medication follow. Made my child suffer without meds for 2 weeks until they figured out who sent what ,where. My child went through horrific withdraws and then reclamation to the medicine. Rude staff, inattentive nurses, lots of mistakes. I would not trust any child on her care!
Dr. Sivaswamy was very patient, understanding and knowledgeable. She also took the time to give praise to my daughter for answering questions correctly and gave her the proper "good job" and "thumbs up" (that all children need) when performing a task. This made my 4 year old feel confident and less afraid about going to the doctor's office.
Dr. Sivaswamy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bi-County Comm Hosp, Warren, Mi
Beaumont Affiliation & Years on StaffRoyal Oak
Harper University Hospital
Royal Oak (5 Years
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Henry Ford Hospital
St. John Hospital and Medical Center
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
27 Years Experience
Madras Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Wayne State University
Dr. Lalitha Sivaswamy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lalitha Sivaswamy in this video.
Dr. Lalitha Sivaswamy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.