Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lamont G Weide has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lamont G Weide has the following 15 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
Dr. Lamont G Weide has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 6
i did not like my recent visit to truman medical center because the doctor would do things that i thought that inappropriate when he would be doing self exams like the way that would be touching me like he would check my heart rate and one thing he would do that i thought that was inappropriate was that he would do when i was sitting there was that he would start to check my heart rate he would put his hand up under my shirt, and then he would proceed to check my stomach for"pains'' and then it was like would put his hands under my pants and then he would start to take off my socks i mean like touch me like actually trying to take off my socks and had to stop like right in the middle of the exam to go to the restroom and then bring the person that brought me to appointment back to the room to finish the rest of the exam and this visit was very uncomfortable i almost left in the middle of the visit beware , i would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLake Wood Womens Care, 2310 Holmes St Ste 800, Kansas City, MO
Dr. Lamont G Weide is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.