Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lana L Wania-Galicia
Dr. Lana L Wania-Galicia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Moorpark, CA. Her specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Wania-Galicia is affiliated with Los Robles Hospital and Simi Valley Hospital And Health Care. Dr. Wania-Galicia has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lana L Wania-Galicia has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 18
I would highly recommend Dr. Galicia as a doctor. She is very knowledgable and skilled in her field. I have had several procedures done under her care and all have gone well. She seems well liked and respected by the hospital staff that work with her. She also happens to be one of the most understanding and compassionate doctors that I have ever been to. I highly value her opinion and could not have made it through the last two years without her.
I have been a patient of Dr. Galicia for 2 years. She has been consistent in her care. She treats patients with respect and has never shown any untoward or negative behavior. She is exceptionally caring. Some people can perceive her being strict and attention to details as being mean. She is very well read and gives me constant update in research and medical advances especially in Pain Medicine. For the patient who commented that Dr. Galicia doesn't perform trigger point injections is misinformed. She has done my trigger points all these time and has the best hands thus far. Thank you, Dr. Galicia, for everything that you do to us, your patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wania-Galicia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County
Dr. Lana L Wania-Galicia accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArroyo Vista Advanced Pain Specialists Inc, 865 Patriot Dr Ste 201A, Moorpark, CA
Dr. Lana L Wania-Galicia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Moorpark, CA.