Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lana S Skelton
Dr. Lana S Skelton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brunswick, GA. She has 52 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Skelton is affiliated with Southeast Georgia Health System Brunswick Campus. Dr. Skelton has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lana S Skelton has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lana S Skelton has the following 15 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Nuclear Stress Test
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Heart Block
Dr. Lana S Skelton is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Never again. You will see PA
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Skelton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Lana S Skelton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCoastal Cardiology Pc, 3226 Hampton Ave Ste A, Brunswick, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lana S Skelton in this video.
Dr. Lana S Skelton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brunswick, GA.