Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lance E Busch
Dr. Lance E Busch, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, MS, with another office in Hamilton, MS. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Busch is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Golden Triangle. He speaks English.
Dr. Lance E Busch has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
He dances in place and mumbles. He had no constructive ideas to help my condition. He tried to prescribe me things that 5 minutes earlier I told him that I would absolutely not take. Then he tried to get me to buy a third C-Pap machine. Useless. When the check-out nurse asked me if I had a prescription I tore up the one he wrote me, put it in her hand and said, "Nope." I walked out never to return.
THESE REVIEWS HAVE TO BE FAKE. WHEN I WAS A PATIENT I VISITED TWICE. EACH TIME I WAITED OVER 40 MINS TO BE CALLED BACK. ONCE I WAS FINALLY CALLED BACK, HIS STAFF WERE AWFUL, UNCARING, AND COULDNT STAY OFF OF THEIR PERSONAL PHONES. AFTER WAITING AN EXTRA 30 MINUTES TO SEE HIM HE FINALLY CAME TO MY ROOM. THE EXPERIENCE WAS AWKWARD BETWEEN HIS SHAKING AND MUMBLING AND A CRUDE JOKE THROWN IN THE MIX. I FELT VERY VERY OFFENDED. I HAVE SINCE THEN SWITCHED DOCTORS AND HAVE HAD NO CONTACT WITH HIS OFFICE. I HIGHLY DISAPPROVE OF THIS OFFICE!!
Dr. Busch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1983
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Lance E Busch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lance E Busch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, MS.