Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lance Parks has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Lance Parks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
As Dr. Parks is an anesthesiologist, most of the categories here aren't relevant. The proof is in the operating room. A couple of years ago I woke up in the middle of a joint replacement procedure. I could tell doctors and nurses seemed to be in overdrive in the OR--as though something was wrong. Then they slowed down and I could HEAR THE SAW CUTTING THROUGH MY BONE. I became conscious a couple of other times during the surgery. Isn't it the anesthesiologist's job to keep you "under" ? (in addition to monitoring vitals to make sure you don't crash--and whatever else they do.) I think he is retired now, but if you're headed into surgery and find out he's your guy, get up and walk away.
Dr. Parks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Vincent Healthcare
41 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lance Parks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Billings, MT.