Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Langston R Ryan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I am irrationally scared of doctors, but my husband insisted I get regular check ups. I arrived at Dr. Ryan with some general complaints I attributed to getting older (I'm 35). He did the most thorough health history I have ever had, coupled with the most thorough exam. Turns out I had cancer, surprise! His nurse and his staff and the Dr helped me through decisions I had to make, and a hysterectomy. He saw me personally, the care he chose was the least invasive he could do while still being very thorough. I am convinced if my husband had not scheduled my appointment with Dr. Ryan it would have been much longer before a doctor figured out I had cancer. Surgery was easy, and I was well looked after by the doctor and by the nursing staff. Recovery so far has been easy and uneventful. My scars look beautiful and healed nicely and are barely noticeable (a plus since my husband is not a fan of scars). The pathology reports matched exactly with what the doctor diagnosed, and his recommended treatment plan. He offered consultations with other doctors any time we had questions, and consulted with an oncologist to be sure I was getting accurate treatment. He was a God send, so far as I can tell.
I would not recommend Dr. Ryan. His bedside manner was very cold and he didn't seem really care about my medical problem. He had poor eye contact and seemed like he would rather be elsewhere during our conversation. I will not be returning to see Dr. Ryan in the future and I do not recommend him as a doctor.
I saw Dr. Ryan for years. He was my physician when I became seriously ill and had to deliver my son @ 27 weeks. He and FaithAnn were AMAZING through this. He handed me over to an equally amazing Perinatologist. He may not always stick around to "chat," but he cares and will take the time if you need it. I can't say enough positive things.
Dr. Ryan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. Langston R Ryan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health Medical Group Pa, 6100 Harris Pkwy Ste 140, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Langston R Ryan is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.