Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lara J Pons has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lara J Pons has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Lara J Pons has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lara J Pons is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Only see this doctor if you are completely healthy. Otherwise, you will be so frustrated by how poorly the office is run and how ineffecient the doctor and staff are that you will give up. Prescriptions are always wrong, it's like she doesn't even look over lab reports, she never follows up on anything in a timely fashion. She's one of those doctors who comes into the examination room on her way out. I'd love to find another doctor, but good, caring doctors are difficult, if not impossible, to find.
Hard time getting prescriptions called in . Even after told it will be. Even after calling waiting 48 Hr's. Even when drug store calls several times, no response. Have to call call office back always told it was over looked, Then called wright then ,after several trip to Drug Store. Other than that have no complaints. Still would refer Cabarrus Family Medicine and DR Pons
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Pons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Cabarrus Memorial Hospital
Dr. Lara J Pons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCabarrus Urgent Care, 8560 Cook St, Mount Pleasant, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lara J Pons in this video.
Dr. Lara J Pons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, NC.