Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larami G Mackenzie has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 19
I was brought into the hospital with a ruptured aneurysm in my brain. Dr. Mackenzie was wonderful with my family in explaining my situation, and was then able to stop the leak by going in to my brain through the vein in my leg rather than opening up my head! I was very lucky that he was there to do my procedure!
Would not recommend. Dr Mackenize was dismissive, insulting and rude to our family when my father suffered stroke like symptoms. He refused to have a short 10 minute meeting with family members, indicating my fathers issues were not seriousness to warrant his time- " he was too busy". He was heartless and uncaring- I believe you should be clearly considering another doctor -He seems dangerously unfeeling.
My mother was a patient of Dr Mackenzie when she was hospitalized in Abington Memorial Hospital last year. Dr Mackenzie suggested my family to stop the breathing machine when my mother was in coma. After she woke up, he said we should stop tube feed to let her die "with dignity"!! We didn't ask his opinion about this at all. This is all because her insurance is not good enough. Today is the 1st anniversary of my mother's treatment. She is totally normal, she walks and eats and has fun with family and friends. We are so glad we insisted to keep my mother alive and asked other doctors for additional surgery. We are so thankful to the doctors and nurses in the hospital but Dr. Mackenzie. In my opinion, Dr Mackenzie is either incapable of making good medical judgement or he is heartless.
16 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Larami G Mackenzie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larami G Mackenzie in this video.
Dr. Larami G Mackenzie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abington, PA.