Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Larina V Gutenberg
Dr. Larina V Gutenberg, DO is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Gutenberg is affiliated with Post Acute/Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antonio and South Texas Veterans Health Care System. She speaks English.
Dr. Larina V Gutenberg has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Showing 5 of 17
The operator is rude. So far, out of all the receptionists only one is very attentive. Dr Guthenberg is okay until you question her diagnosis or prescribed medications. She gets inpatient. I am happy with her PA and pray I don't have to see Dr Guthenberg. I'm still looking for another pain doctor because, her staff is rude and inpatient.
I am in agreement with the lady that wrote about staff. I Had a 75.00 bill that was one week old and paid 50.00 of It I had a follow up one week later, when I went up to the window 1st rude lady tells me about the remaining balance, I explained that I would pay it off the first of the month, and she had to summon for a very unprofessional "office Manager", which had agreed that it would be ok to pay in a week until I told her that the lady at the front desk Could possiblity benefit from training on patient care and I felt she had no empathy for patients, I was hurting very bad at the time and thought patient care should have been first. She was treating patients as if they were prisoners. Well, little did I know that the "manager " was no different, with a blink of an eye she decided that I would need to pay full amount before I saw the doctor, and her reason was, if I do it for you I have to do it for everyone, I'm sorry. I asked if I could speak with her boss and she said there was no one higher then her. Needless to say, I left hurting so bad without seeing the Dr. I had to go to emergency room. I now have a Dr. that owns her practice, with professional staff and a very clean office.
I have been going to her for a year now and have only seen her two times in 12 mths. I have chronic back pain for I was in an accident 3yrs ago, you would think she would have more of a plan to help me. Her PA is OK, but when you go to the Dr. you expect to see her some of the time, just to see how you are doing... Also, the past 4 visits I have had a run in with the front office lady, and from my understanding she is very disrespectful to most everyone that comes in the office. I plan on finding someone new who cares...
Dr. Gutenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University
Graduated in 2004
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Larina V Gutenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPremier Pain Consultant, 2425 Babcock Rd Ste 108, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Larina V Gutenberg is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.