Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larisa Khesina has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Larisa Khesina has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Larisa Khesina is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Khesina is my therapist for over ten years. She is a very good professional and has paid attention to even the smallest problems which has occurred to me for all these years. Four years ago while checking on me during my yearly visit â she noticed a very small pimple like mark on my right cheek (pink color, round and about 3mm in diameter). I was not aware of it and when Dr. Khesina asked me about how long I have had it, I could not answer. Being very freckled and arrogant about my appearance in general, I never paid close attention to myself. I did not know what she was talking about. She told me that she does not feel good about this small pimple and recommended that I immediately go to a good professional dermatologist. I told my son about Dr. Khesinaâs words on my small pimple and forgot about it but my son started to bug me to go to the specialist. When I eventually (after full month of bugging of my son) went to the Cornell Hospital dermatologist - the result of the biopsy let us know that the âpimpleâ was a melanomatous cancerous growth. In two weeks I was operated in Sloan Kettering. Now I have a big scar on my right cheek but I am still here. My pimple did not look like a melanoma by any means, neither by the color, nor by the appearance â the typical appearance of a melanoma as it presented in the medical books or on the Internet â it was not your classical melanoma. So I can tell that I own my life to my dear Doctor Khesina - by all means.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Khesina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Russian State Medical University
Graduated in 1987
Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Larisa Khesina accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsUnion Turnpike Medical, 15034 Union Tpke, Flushing, NY
Dr. Larisa Khesina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flushing, NY.