Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Larry A Adler
Dr. Larry A Adler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ypsilanti, MI. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Adler is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital and Promedica Herrick Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Larry A Adler has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Adler had very poor bedside manners on the 3 occasions that I saw him. He has no compassion whatsoever. He strictly wanted me to listen to him; however, he did not fully want to listen to me. He impressed me as being very arrogant and full of himself. He is a poor representation for St Joseph Hospital. He is one of those doctors who has probably been in practice longer than he needs to. He dismissed my symptoms as being nothing more than anxiety (when there was more going on with me....anxiety was the result of what I was experiencing) and did not listen to me. I wonder if he would want his loved ones to be dismissed in this way. The only positive thing I can say is that the staff is wonderful.
Dr. Adler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Larry A Adler accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHuron Gastroenterology Associates Pc, 5300 Elliott Dr, Ypsilanti, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larry A Adler in this video.
Dr. Larry A Adler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.