Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Larry R Burris
Dr. Larry R Burris, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD, with another office in Pipestone, MN. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Burris is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Larry R Burris has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Larry R Burris has the following 5 expertise
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Renal Osteodystrophy
Dr. Larry R Burris has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Burris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Larry R Burris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larry R Burris in this video.
Dr. Larry R Burris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.