Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Larry R Cain MD
Dr. Larry R Cain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Asheville, NC. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Larry R Cain has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Larry R Cain has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Larry R Cain - Posted on March 3rd, 2010
I was diagnosed with fairly accute IBS by Dr. Cain after years of not being able to find out what was causing my stomach problems. The first visit Dr. Cain, after examining me, told me that IBS was my problem. He also told me I needed a colonostomy sp? which I did and during the procedure he found 3 polops. Since following his detailed advice I have since lost 60 pounds and feel like a kid again, rarely do I suffer with stomach problems now, Dr Cain has been my doctor for about 6 years. Grateful!
45 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Larry R Cain Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Larry R Cain's office for more information.
1100 Tunnel Rd Asheville, NC : (828) 298-7911
Locations & DirectionsCHARLES GEORGE VA MEDICAL CENTER, 1100 Tunnel Rd, Asheville, NC
Dr. Larry R Cain is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Asheville, NC.