Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larry K Cantley has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Larry K Cantley has the following 20 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Dr. Larry K Cantley has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The actual interaction with the physician was one of the worst I have ever had. He was dismissive of virtually everything I had to say and quick to made a medication recommendation that was in complete opposition to my actual symptoms. No opportunity for dialogue. I will definitely not go back and would certainly not recommend him to anyone else.
This physician was rude, dismissive and condescending. He spent very little time in the exam room, and was nasty and abusive, raising his voice and talking over my attempted questions. Apparently he is mostly interested in and focused on diabetes, but I would not recommend him for any reason. I object to giving this doctor even one (1) star, but the website requires it in order to submit.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
41 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Charleston Area Medical Center
Dr. Larry K Cantley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsForsyth Endocrine Consultants, 755 Highland Oaks Dr Ste 201, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larry K Cantley in this video.
Dr. Larry K Cantley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.