Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larry E Jennings has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 11
I visited Dr Jennings on 3 occasions as a patient for depression, sleeplessness , and a blood panel. On first visit I did not even receive a physical and was prescribed an antidepressant and a sleep aid. My second appt was supposed to be for a blood panel in which I fully prepared for, and to see how the meds were doing. I not only received NO blood panel as planned but this Dr was taking personal phone calls on his cell phone during my appointment. On top of this, when I told him the sleep aid he prescribed me was ineffective and so I took two instead of one, he called me a drug addict and then refused me the antidepressant which was greatly helping me and since without it had caused me great suffering to where my day to day functions of focus, and well being were severely affected. I would never recommend this Dr to anyone as he is far below even the most basic standards you should expect from a Dr. He does not seem to be even knowledgeable about much medically related in general so a very low grade Dr here.
This Dr is big on patient profiling and accused me of being a drug addict when I have never done drugs in my life. He does not listen to you, at all and has denied me an antidepressant I desperately need to live a normal productive life. This Dr only purely makes assumptions and again does NOT listen nor seems to have any understanding or have any genuine concern for his patients. I would never reccomend him. A nurse I know whom I will not name also does not agree with his way of dealing with patients. He also takes phone calls on his cell phone right in the middle of seeing you which is also a bad sign. I would not reccommend this Dr to anyone and spreading the word about him so people will hopefully choose a much better Dr who can stay off his phone and stay focused and LISTEN to you and your slot in the Dr's office patient room is for YOU not whoever is calling him on his personal cell phone.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
56 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1962
Midmichigan Medical Center
Dr. Larry E Jennings accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMid Michigan Health Centers, 214 N West Ave, Jackson, MI
Dr. Larry E Jennings is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, MI.