Dr. Larry C Kilgore Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Larry C Kilgore?

Best Dr ever.

Dr. Kilgore is an excellent Doctor. He spent time and explained everything in detail to me. The night before my surgery he called my home and talked with about everything again and wished me well. He was at by bedside before surgery and after. He explained everything to my family after surgery . I have two phone calls at home after my surgery to check in and give me the oath reprort . I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his expertise

Decide for yourself--I did

I was in my fourth year of recovery from endometrial stromal sarcoma. I had been experiencing a dry cough and feeling flu like symptoms when I had my follow up visit with Dr Kilgore in 2014. His NP did the exam & he stopped in for 5 min and I told both he & the NP about my symptoms & he quickly advised I had to see my primary care physician. I really wanted a chest X-ray done because for four years I had been told by Dr Kilgore that my type of cancer could reoccur in the lungs or liver. His attitude appeared to be that I shouldn't be concerned. Two months later I am coughing up blood and I went to see a pulmonologist who immediately ran a chest X-ray--surprise a stage IV sarcoma tumor is sitting in my left lung. I have since had part of my lung and my left adrenal lung removed by an endocrinologist surgeon. Dr Kilgore still insisted on treating me for follow up -really? He never apologized for his lack of concern or poor judgement. When I advised I would be seeing my endocrinologist for my future follow up visits and not him; his statement was that no one knows more about endometrial stromal sarcoma than he does and I needed to have one captain steering this ship. Well, that's the only thing he and I agree on and I have a new captain now.

Worst Dr Ever

Wants to do surgery. I had a problem that could have been managed without surgery. He didn't tell me about that option. From my medical records it is clear he knew about that option. He didn't tell me because he would have had to refer me to another specialist which meant no $ for him. Instead I had major surgery and missed 3 months of work instead of a few days.

Dr Larry Kilgore Highly Recommended

Dr Larry Kilgore has the best bedside manner. He is very knowledgeable, brilliant yet will not hold anything back. He makes you feel comfortable and knows how to speak to his patients. He is very thorough and his staff is very polite also. Amanda Berry is awesome she has a quick response time when calling patients back as well as Lindsey. I have not had a bad experience with anyone from UT Cancer Center. I highly recommend them.

There are several excellent Gyn Oncologists in Knoxville. He is NOT one of them

I was young, healthy, at my ideal weight, and in excellent health when I went to Dr. Kilgore. I asked Dr. Kilgore if he would be doing my surgery or if he would be supervising a resident doing the surgery. Dr. Kilgore promised me that he would be doing ALL the surgery. I told him I would not consent to surgery if residents would be involved in my care. He promised me that I would not be a "teaching case." I got my hospital records and discovered that actually the residents did some of the surgery. That was no surprise since I had EVERY possible complication including both a hematoma (they didn't properly close the incision) and a seroma (they didn't eliminate dead space before closing). I lost an excessive amount of blood. The residents wrote ALL of my orders and provided ALL of my care following surgery even though I explicitly refused to be treated by residents. I survived the "routine hysterectomy" only because I was so healthy before going to see Dr. Kilgore. During surgery they damaged my lymph nodes, so that even after nearly 3 years my abdomen swells daily. My clothes don't fit. I have to buy pants with an elastic waist to accommodate my swollen abdomen. Prior to the surgery I had a small waist and flat abdomen. Prior to the surgery I had no pain. I am in constant pain now. My other Drs have examined my medical records and stated that the care I received from Dr. Kilgore and his students was "poor" and "substandard." They were shocked at the appearance of the incision. Please, please learn from my experience. Go to another Dr.

Dr. Kilgore is weird. My appts. were all about him. No compassion. Run away!

avoid this doctor if you want a voice in your care plan

If you want a doctor who tells you what to do and you just nod your head and agree with him, then this is the doctor for you. If you want a doctor who treats you as an equal member of the care team, then run fast, run far, stay away! If you want to know what all your options are, he may not tell you all your options. Then if you select something other than what he recommends, he will not be pleasant. If you stand your ground, he'll eventually agree to respect your decision. Then once you are sedated, he'll do what he had recommended not what you had agree to. When you question him after you wake up, he'll just say that he "had to." I never got a better explaination than that about why he disregarded my decisions.

go to anyone else but Larry Kilgore

Told me he would do ALL of my surgery not a resident. Got my OR report and the resident had performed part of my surgery. Another surgeon said I looked like I had been mutilated. Had to have surgery to correct problems created by him. Other doctors described the care i received from him as "poor" and "substandard."

Terrible care. Lied to me repeatedly.

First be aware that you will be treated by residents. He usually works with 5, so you will have at least 6 doctors caring for you. My experience was that there was no coordination between all the different doctors, so a lot was missed. Second Dr. Kilgore lied to me 4 times that I know of. He told me that a complication I had was not caused by a procedure he did. When I got my hospital records, his admitting diagnosis was that my complication was a result of the procedure he performed. He continued to tell me it wasn't. All my other doctors tell me that absolutely the complications I developed were the direct result of the procedure he performed and then the surgery he performed. Third he wanted to perform a blood test on me. The test has low sensitivity and specificity (i.e. You get lots of false positives and false negatives.) I refused the test. He agreed that the test wouldn't provide any more information, so he wouldn't do it. He ordered it anyway! Then they billed me for the test. Fourth he ordered an EKG that was read by a cardiologist at UTMC. They diagnosed a serious heart problem, yet no one bothered to tell me about it. I discovered it by getting my hospital records.

amazing dr.

I love Dr. Kilgore he saved my life in 2010 when he did my hysterectomy. He is a very caring doctor and always takes time to listen.

Excellent Specialist in His Field.

Dr. Kilgore was Highly recomemded by my doctor, he took the time to explain what options were avalible for the fibroid tumor that had made my life miserable. He was well briefed on my history of a past PE from hormone therapy and my family history of ovarian cancer. It is rare you find a doctor who is willing to give you any options under these circumstanses. His postop care is excellent, he was called 4 days after the sugery over some concerns I was experiancing and his receptionist said that all staff were out but will have someone contact me shortly the nusing staff followup my call in about 20min. Dr. Kilgore followed up with a call in about an hour and advised me of the results from the pathology of the tumor and medication adjustments to correct my postop issues. He has an great beadside manner and I would not hesitate to recomend him to anyone.

Dr. Larry C Kilgore is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.