Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Larry C Pearson
Dr. Larry C Pearson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brookfield, WI. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Pearson is affiliated with Waukesha Memorial Hospital and Aurora West Allis Medical Center. Dr. Pearson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Larry C Pearson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 14
I saw Dr Larry for a second opinion regarding RA. He wanted me to go off all RA meds and see how I felt. When I told him the pain was nearly unbearable, he shrugged it off and decided that I didn't have RA despite a positive blood test. I got an MRI that he ordered and dropped off the disc waiting for his call about the results. After 2 weeks and no call, I called him and he said that he had no way to read the mri even though I was able to see the images on a regular computer. He relied on the lab tech's report, said I needed to lose weight, no RA meds and that I'd have pain for the rest of my life. I took my Mri results to an orthopedic surgeon who said the lab tech missed a lot and that there was evidence of hip degeneration. My 2 visits to Pearson were the worst medical decision I've ever made and it has set my RA treatment back years. My case wasn't easily treated so he just didn't want to deal with me and somehow "lost" the mri disc I had given him , so unprofessional on top of everything else. Save yourself the aggravation unless you have a very basic and easily treated condition.
Dr. Larry has been my Rheumatologist for close to 6 years. He has been kind, considerate, through, and accurate. He Diagnosed me with unspec. connective tissue disease and has monitored me ever since. No problems to date. His goal is to keep you off medications - until you need them. My last encounter Aug. 2010 - the labs were slow in coming, but that could be due to using an outside lab. All in all, a good MD.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Pearson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Larry C Pearson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Unity Health Insurance
- Unity Health Ins Unity Network
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Suburban Center For Arthritis, 601 N Barker Rd Ste 110, Brookfield, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larry C Pearson in this video.
Dr. Larry C Pearson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookfield, WI.