Dr. Larry R Smith Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Larry R Smith?

Very knowledgeable and informative dr.

DO NOT recoommend!

I had a appointment scheduled and was told not to take allergy meds prior to the visit. Well I had to take allergy meds and was going to call and reschedule my appointment. I forgot to call and when I did not show up for the appointment the receptionist called and stated that they where waiting for me. I apologized and said I meant to call because I had to take my allergy pills so I would need to reschedule my appointment. She than said that they do not reschedule no shows and hung up on me! When I called back and spoke with the office manager about how rude the call was she said well they had called me the day before to confirm my appointment. She also said she left me a voicemail and called both numbers on record. When I told her that I never received such a call she essentially told me that I was lying and that they did call because that was the policy!! I can not believe that this doctor is aware of the office staff he has working for him!

Horrible

Dr. Smith was amazing! However, the receptionist needs to be replaced. She is very rude and lacks common sense. The billing and insurance woman does not know what she is doing either. I would recommend checking out the five star rated allergy specialists online. This place is unprofessional.

allergy problems

He has a great bedside manner, is very knowledgeable, thorough and understanding. His nurse is also excellent. Only one drawback is his receptionist had a terrible patient manner.

We had a great experience initially, and we have nothing against Dr. Smith. He was great with our son, and we appreciated the time we spent with him and the knowledge he gave us. Unfortunately, I had a horrible experience and neither my son or I will be returning. I had an appointment scheduled, and I thought it was scheduled for 10:30 AM. I showed up at 10:15 AM, and I signed in and sat in the waiting room. I waited until about 10:30, then I got up and asked if I needed to fill out any paperwork as a new patient. The women said, oh yes, and she gave me some paperwork. I filled it out and returned it to the front desk. Another women walked in and filled out her paperwork and was called back immediately, about 10:45 AM, I walked to the window and asked how much longer it would be. The receptionist proceeded to tell me that my appointment wasn't until 11:00 AM, so it would be a little bit longer. Then, she said, "I called and left a message yesterday. Don't you check your messages?" I was shocked but sat back down thinking maybe I had missed a message. I looked through my phone and saw no missed calls or voicemails from the office. I walked back up and told her that I didn't have any missed calls or voicemails, and I had a meeting at work at 11:30 AM. I asked if I could reschedule and apologized for the misunderstanding. She told me that no, I couldn't reschedule. If I canceled at the last minute, they couldn't accept me as a patient. I told her I guess I would need to find another allergist and walked out. I'm extremely disappointed with the receptionist. I felt that she was rude and the misunderstanding was entirely my fault. She didn't apologize for any confusion or issues. She wasn't willing to work with me, and I just walked out feeling stepped on and wrong. I don't work in a doctor's appointment, but I'm not demanding, and I feel like I'm a nice person. I just expected her to understand my issue and misunderstanding and value patients and want to work with me to work things out. Extremely upset...

Horrible

Receptionist does not know how to communicate effectively with patients. She actually verbally threatened me and called me loony all because I was upset that she could not call to inform me of a change in my appointment. Doctor stood by her side and refused to see my daughter who suffers from a peanut allergy. I do not recommend this office even as a last resort.

Dr. Larry R Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, GA.